Wiki Wednesday of January 6, 2010
January 6, 2010 kicked off the first Wiki Wednesday of the year. What was nearly canceled due to a the absence of Ward, Ted, and Kristina turned out to actually be a fairly good-sized meeting. Mark D., Teresa B., Kotra D., Ray K., Steven W., David G., and Dave M. all came by and talked a lot about PortlandWiki, but also about the Portland wiki conference and other things. Specific topics included:
- Additional monthly meeting... WikiWeekend?
- How people are going to get into these meetings anyway when the building locks the doors at 5:30 and all the phone numbers on this wiki's main page either go to voice mail after 5 or belong to someone who lives in San Francisco now (we changed the numbers)
- PortlandWiki - let it grow organically or actively work on?
- PortlandWiki logo (see here for development and discussion)
- PortlandWiki extensibility: blog aggregation, Twitter, RSS, YouTube, etc
- Considering other wiki software than MediaWiki for PortlandWiki - Oddmuse, Mindtouch, Wikispot.org etc
- PortlandWiki hosting - currently generously hosted on Dave's own personal server, will eventually want to set up some sort of community-owned host
- Bug on 
- Portland wiki conference - planning
The meeting ended some time after I left (please fix this sentence if you know when).